As a college student, technology has been good to me. One technology in particular is cloud computing wherein it serves as a storage device that is meant for a variety of reasons.
In my experience, here’s how cloud computing has benefited me so far:
1. Google+ Hangouts for Group Meetings – If we’ll be doing a collaboration for a particular project, then it can be a real challenge for us, especially if we don’t stay in the same campus and have a job to work on. Instead of setting up a meeting place that is dedicated to a specific time, we just find a location that has good internet and communicate through any IM software such as Google+ Hangouts and Skype. The great thing about it is that we get to record our video session and do a review about it later on if ever we weren’t able to catch up with some things.
2. Evernote for Study Notes – For me, I find Evernote as a beloved tool for both teachers and students. This is because it is easy to use and can be accessed through any device that is available to you. This mobile app has allowed users to take down notes and share it to any user all at the same time and with any device. Handwriting recognition apps on tablets can also be used with Evernote and through that process, it will feel like the same thing as you normally would when taking down notes but with some more advantages provided by technology.
3. TED Talks for Cutting-Edge Ideas – When we will be consulting an expert that can help with our project or research then TED talks easily are the best. It allows us to record the short videos coming from our professors and other experts that talk about the ideas that are worth spreading. This is easily essential whenever we will be doing our class presentation and even research.
4. Using LinkedIn to Connect with Some Experts – If ever we will be having a research project that will require the view of real-world experts then LinkedIn is the best tool that we can utilize with regards to that need. This allows us to get a response from those experts in a real-time fashion. Another great thing about it is that its email service known as InMail message will refund the cost of an email message if ever it gets unopened for a specific amount of time. This also helps us reconnect with those experts if ever we will be looking for internships and even post-grad jobs.
5. Online Storage Device for Easy Access – If there comes a time that I left my USB or memory card at home, then I can still have access to those information by going through the world wide web.